Wellness awaits. When things get busy and you don’t care for yourself, overwhelm and discomfort can creep into your life. It has never been more important for you to develop a support structure that helps you refill your cup after all of life’s stressors try to drain it for you.
But how? Our AIReal Restore Teacher Training is a comprehensive workshop featuring restorative postures and flows for you to master in your hammock. This continued education module is an elevated approach to your physical practice, helping you to connect with your inner sanctuary and recharge for all the things in life that need you. Whether this is the next step on your personal journey or a chance to share your experience with the world, AIReal Restore features a methodology that you can apply to any part of your practice, fine-tuning and enhancing the experience as you work. Meditative and rejuvenating, this discipline is where we learn to push ourselves mentally while supporting ourselves physically. The passive experience of sitting with a posture, letting go and letting the process work, is an instruction in finding healthy coping mechanisms to any stressor. If you want to strengthen your mind and invigorate your body, this practice is for you.
Learn how to:
Use the hammock as a prop for restorative yoga
Support active and passive postures
Incorporate bolsters, blocks and straps
Explore micro movements
Hammock height variations
Hammock theory and technique
Step by step pose pathways
Perform postures in a low hammock
What you'll get:
- Complete Manual; includes photos and descriptions with in-depth breakdowns of postures and sequences
- A deep understanding of the intention and mechanisms of each pose and when to use them for maximal outcomes.
- Review of basic floor based restorative yoga poses.
- Methods for best safety practices in the hammock
- Discussions on of the anatomy of restorative yoga
- Proper spotting techniques
- Guidelines and key points of approach, posture, and execution for finding restoration and rejuvenation
- Continued education units with Yoga Alliance, NASFM and AFAA
What skills you'll gain:
- How to effectively use your hammock as a prop to enhance both active and passive restorative postures
- Breathing techniques for promoting calm and repose
- Learn slow and gentle variations and modifications
- How to effectively integrate other yoga props such as bolsters, blankets and blocks
- How to safely support longer holds in the hammock
- An expansive foundation for teaching and modifying restorative yoga postures
- How to effectively teach with a lowered hammock for students requiring modification
- How to use your aerial practice to help heal injuries and discomfort